- Volunteer Literacy Tutors Still Needed
- In the Kitchen
- Alexandria People At Work: It’s All About the Milk
- Alexandria Snapshot: Back-to-School Supply Drive
- Alexandria Seeks Cycling Spokespersons
- Alexandria: TC Field Hockey Dominates at Under the Lights Tournament
- Alexandria: State Final Appearance Gives Ireton Football ‘Sense of Purpose’
- Alexandria: Former Centreville Assistant Matthie Takes Over at T.C. Williams
- Alexandria Q&A: T.C. Williams Grad Holland to Play at Fairmont State
- Q&A: TC Williams Rising Senior Tovsky Committed to Elon Baseball
- Alexandria Neighborhoods: Taylor Run
- Letter: Prudent Investments
- Letter: Appreciates Progress
- Column: Gumball Memories
- Letter: Importance Of History
- Letter: Adaptive Reuse of Ramsey Homes
- Letter: Examining Fiscal Policies
- Alexandria: Shared Vision
- Letter: City's Enviable Balance Sheet
- Letter: Where To Spend
For 89 Alexandria kindergarteners and first graders.
Think about your favorite book as a child. Go ahead, close your eyes, and remember all of the feelings and memories that it evokes. Do you feel proud because it was the first book you read on your own? Was it the first time that you felt connected to someone? Did it make you laugh or giggle? My favorite book as a child was ”Stellaluna” by Janell Cannon. It was the first time I felt transported to another world, and ever since then, I've been hooked.
Jones Makes Biscuits with Own Personalities
Two women stood with noses pressed to the window at Stomping Ground on Mt. Vernon Avenue in Del Ray. "Oh, no," one of them said. "I didn't know it was closed on Monday. I've eaten here three times since they opened in May. I love their salads; they are so fresh." Disappointed, they head down the street looking for a second choice.
It was dark on the farm as Kinsley Coulter got up at 2 a.m. to load his truck and drive the 150 miles from Juniata County, Pa. to the Alexandria Farmer's market on Saturday.
The local chapter of the National Forum of Black Public Administrators (NFBPA) participates yearly with Alexandria City Public Schools in collecting items for an annual back-to-school supply drive. James Hunt is the president of the Alexandria Metro Chapter of NFBPA.
Transportation Master Plan could shift gears in favor of cycling community.
Do cyclists in Alexandria ride in the road or on the sidewalk? How do cyclists riding the Mount Vernon trail pass through Alexandria?