Her days were overwhelmingly stressful. Holly Platt, a Bethesda mother of two, was preparing to sell her home and searching for a new one, and ho...
In 2007, my kids and I were at a fireworks show in Vienna that was so grand we were in awe of each burst. But then there was a misfire and a thre...
The debate over legalizing marijuana is about to light up, putting Gov. Ralph Northam at the center of a budding controversy. At issue is a questio...
The Little Theatre of Alexandria is presenting a live, in-person showing of “The Revolutionists,” written by Lauren Gunderson, from Feb. 27 to Marc...
- Rotary Club of Alexandria Awards $10,000 Grant to Alexandria ACT Now COVID-19 Response Fund 0 comments
- Why You Need To Keep Your Marketing During A Crisis 0 comments
- Integrity And Ethical Business Practices In Real Estate And Property Management 0 comments
- Sarku Japan Grand Opening Event at Dulles Expo Center Location, VA 0 comments
- Will Your Business or Organization Be Featured in the 2018-2019 Newcomers & Community Guide? 0 comments
- Be Part of the Pet Connection 0 comments
- High Time for Legalization?
- Alexandria Council Approves the Heritage Project
- Virginia Is for Pet Lovers, Too
- Controlling Gun Violence
- Absentee Minded
- Eva Shea to Lead Alexandria Sportsman’s Club
- Alexandria Sportsman’s Club Awards $16k to Student Athletes
- Titan Spirit: T.C. Williams High School Inducts Athletes into Hall of Fame
- Bishop Ireton High School Honors Athletes
- Chinquapin Wahoos Now 3-1 in Swimming
- Opinion: Editorial: Brain Injury Awareness: A Personal Story
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Taylor Run and Vietnam Analogies
- Opinion: Letter to the Editor: Missing: Conservative Voice in Black Community
- Opinion: Commentary: Inland Flooding
- Opinion: Column: Not That I Don’t Understand, But...
- Best of the Best in Alexandria
- The Identity Project in Alexandria
- AHC Inc. of Arlington Receives Excellence in Housing Affordability Award By Urban Land Institute Washington
- The Other Alexandria: ‘40 Plus Years of Giving Scholarships’ – Parker-Gray Alumni
- The Other Alexandria: Running for the Bull Dogs – Marian Stanfield
How creating a daily routine can ease anxiety during times of uncertainty
Her days were overwhelmingly stressful.
March is Brain Injury Awareness Month.
In 2007, my kids and I were at a fireworks show in Vienna that was so grand we were in awe of each burst.
Advocates call on the governor to legalize marijuana as soon as possible.
The debate over legalizing marijuana is about to light up, putting Gov. Ralph Northam at the center of a budding controversy. At issue is a question of timing. Should he agree with lawmakers that legalization should wait until New Years Day 2024, giving the commonwealth enough time to stand up the new Cannabis Control Authority? Or should he amend the bill the General Assembly put on his desk to legalize weed now to prevent communities of color from being overpoliced in the interim?
Show runs in-person from Feb. 27 to March 20, 2021
The Little Theatre of Alexandria is presenting a live, in-person showing of “The Revolutionists,” written by Lauren Gunderson, from Feb. 27 to March 20, 2021.
To while away the hours hibernating during Covid-19, my wife and I have watched Ken Burns’ award winning documentary “Vietnam.”