- Collaboration Over Competition for Alexandria Nonprofits
- Alexandrians Of Two Minds
- Fern and Otter Come to ‘Work’
- When Sam Met Frodo
- Alexandria School's Space Odyssey
- Local Prep Football Coaches React to End of Super Bowl XLIX
- Alexandria: T.C. Williams Gymnastics Has Sights Set on Regional Berth
- Alexandria: Senior Guard Hill, Rebounding Propel Titans in Second Half
- Alexandria: T.C. Williams Boys’ Basketball Firing on All Cylinders
- When Dad (or Mom) Is High School Sports Coach
- Editorial: Managing Mental Illness in Jails
- Column: Staying Ahead of the Feds
- Letter: Failing in Their Duties
- Editorial: Not the First or Only Time
- Editorial: No Justification for Secrecy, Delay on Geer Shooting
- Separate But Equal Amenities for Alexandria
- Too Poor for Benefits in Alexandria
- GMU Students Rally to Lower Student Debt
- Political Jockeying in Mount Vernon
- Colleagues Praise Mount Vernon's Puller
Alexandria non-profit organizations unite for city budgeting.
As Alexandria’s nonprofits prepare for the March 3 release of the County Manager’s proposed budget, things are going a little differently this year.
Zoning amendment for memory care center draws crowd of supporters and opponents.
After seven hours of debate in Alexandria’s City Council meeting, the room was still deeply divided between those in favor of rezoning a property on King Street to create a memory care facility and neighbors to the property entrenched against it.
“My dogs Fern and Otter, both adopted from the Fairfax County Animal Shelter. They love to come to work with me at the shelter.
“Sam and Frodo are both rescue cats. Frodo, the big orange guy with the furry feet, came from Home Alone Feline Rescue in 2011. He is part Maine Coon and part American bobtail. Lou and I had been thinking about getting a second cat as a companion for Frodo when I ran into Lee District School Board member Tammy Koufax at a community event in Springfield in August 2013..."
In January, 2015, 126 Alexandria homes sold between $2,700,000-$127,000.
Alexandria Home Sales: January, 2015